Oralite® (formerly Reflexite®) Conspicuity material is composed of cube corner (microprism) retroreflective elements integrally bonded to a flexible, smooth-surfaced, tough, and weather resistant UV stabilized polymeric film. The prism surfaces are coated with a vacuum deposition of aluminum to provide a mirror surface to the prism facets. The resulting tape is not more than 0.008" thick and comes with an aggressive high-tack pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Oralite® Visibly Better™ Retroreflective conspicuity material is a tough weather and solvent resistant product designed for rugged outdoor use on the sides and rear of trucks, trailers, automobiles, and emergency vehicles to enhance safety on the roadway by improving their visibility. NOTE: NHTSA conspicuity regulations (effective 12/1/93) mandate that all new trailers - 10,000 lbs GVW and 80" wide or larger, must be reflectorized with alternating red & white retroreflective sheeting on the sides, bottom of rear door, and ICC bar; and two pieces of white sheeting on the upper corners of the rear.
Application Temperature: minimum 50ºF (10ºC)
- Withstands brushing off of dirt and grime and high pressure washing. Polyester based film resists cracking & lifting. Will retain reflectivity even after impact against loading dock or abrasion by chains.
- Unique, single-ply construction ensures impact & abrasion resistance and easy application
- 008" thickness resists dirt accumulation typical of competitor’s thick, open-cell construction. Material is extremely thin so there are no raised edges that can catch and tear.
- Unlike competing conspicuity materials, Reflexite® conspicuity material features 100% adhesion with no grid lines that can fill with water and cause premature adhesive failure.
- Super-high brightness & wide angularity: 10-year pattern. Typically 1000 candlepower with tremendous long sight distance performance; reflects all applicable angles on the roadway.
COLOR: Red/white (6”x6” or 11”(red)x7”(white)
- ASTM D4956
- ASTM D523
- ASTM E810
- NHTSA 49 CFR, Part 571
- DOT-C2 (applicable to 2” only)
- FMVSS 108